Friday, May 27, 2016

Dolci

Finally, on to the desserts! 


First up, tiramisu trifle!


These were so easy!  I just put them together the night before, and they were good to go!  I used the recipe here at Yummy Tummy.

Ingredients:
Ladyfingers (I found some from Italy at Homegoods--the ones I got were not soft at all)
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups mascarpone
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups coffee (*see instructions below)
Cocoa for topping

1.  *The night before, boil 2 cups of water and add instant coffee (at least 2 tablespoons).  I used International House hazelnut flavored instant coffee.  I ended up using probably about 4 tablespoons to get it to the right flavor, so make sure to try it and see if it is too watery.Store in fridge.  (or make it the day making the dish, but let cool).   
(picture from internet)

2.  Beat cream until it is thick.  Set aside.

3.  Take mascarpone, powdered sugar, and 4 tablespoons of coffee and use a mixer to mix together.  Be careful!  Don't over beat the mascarpone, or it will turn lumpy (and gross).

4.  Fold in the whipped cream.

5.  Take whatever glass you are using (I used crystal teacups), and put a layer of cut up ladyfinger on the bottom.  Cover with a tablespoon or so of coffee (really enough coffee so that ladyfinger is completely covered).  Put a layer of cheese mixture on top.

6.  Repeat.

7.  Put in refrigerator and let sit overnight.

8.  Before you serve, cover with cocoa using a small sieve. 

Done! 

Next and final recipe, Limoncello cupcakes. 



I found the recipe for these cupcakes here, and did not change anything about the cake, so I won't copy it again here.  I did have some problems with my bake time and they ended up a little dry, but I think that was my execution and not the cupcake, especially since these cupcakes had lemon pudding mix in them, so they should have been moist! 

I did change up the frosting so I will share it below.

White Chocolate Limoncello Icing
2 sticks softened butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup melted white chocolate (a good baking bar with real cocoa)
2 tablespoons Limoncello
1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
Some cream if needed.

1.  Beat butter until pale and creamy,
2.  Add other ingredients and beat to combine.  If need more liquid add a little bit of cream.











1 comment:

  1. All your recipes sound wonderful! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have a wonderful day :)